Mr. Michael K. Holmes is a graduate of Illinois State University in Normal, Illinois. He is also a licensed Funeral Director in the State of Missouri associated with Officer Funeral Homes P.C.
He has over twenty years of administrative experience in non-profit and higher education.
Mr. Holmes is currently the Executive Director of the St. Louis Agency on Training and Employment (SLATE) appointed by Mayor Francis G. Slay. Prior to this appointment Mr. Holmes worked for the St. Louis Community College/Forest Park as manager of the Harrison Education Center & Community Outreach Department. Before leaving this position, ground had been purchased to build a new $10.5 million new campus in North St. Louis. Preceding this position, he worked for the St. Louis Bi-State American Red Cross Chapter as manager of the East St. Louis office.
Currently Mr. Holmes is involved in the following organizations on the local, state and national levels.
- President Washington University Environmental Law Clinic Advisory Board
- Member, National Council on Black American Affairs
- Board of Trustees member for the Workforce Development Committee for the United States Conference of Mayors
- Member, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity
- Board of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- MO Health Win Advisory Board
- MO Manufacturing Win Advisory Board
- Member, Board of Directors for Little Sisters of the Poor
- Member, Missouri Department of Transportation Diversity Committee on Workforce
- Member, Chamber of Commerce Financial Forum
- Member, St. Louis Regional Chamber Healthcare Forum
- Member, St. Louis Regional Executive Directors Workforce Group
- Member, Compete Midwest Urban Strategies Group